Saturday, November 4, 2017

My Neighbor Getting Married

I got invitation to my neighbor's marriage today, 4th Nov 2017. Indonesian marriage always based by religion, don't care you Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Hindus or Kong Hu Chu believers, you can't marry in Indonesian if you don't have any religion.. oh my my.. don't tell me why. After religion finished, then you could process your documents to civil a.k.a Government of Indonesia. I have checked and did researched to some countries (Australia, New Zealand, U.S, Canada, Denmark, Singapore, Thailand) they could have marriage only by civil marriage, religion based is not the priority. 

So my neighbor and my childhood friend named Yuli (the Groom) have married Ria (The bride), they are Christians but mostly our neighbors are Muslim :) , we respect each others ceremonial, i will show you the video, where the song of wedding ceremony was very loud, but my neighbors' faces were flat :)) haha.. 


The session was got the blessing from the God through the Priest and become one soul, each others promises to take care even in happiness or sorrow.
She says " I do... "
The next step is, asking blessing from both parents of Bride and Groom with kneeing position (respecting the parents pose).
Kneeing to Groom's parents , the head next to my camera is Mom's Bride :)

As usual they would cry each others , but i know its happiness tears.
So, here we go, i will show you another video of how to get the blessing from parents :)


The last part of ceremonial is release 2 pigeons, i have no idea the symbol of what those 2 pigeons released, welcome to the jungle or what?
again the video of them releasing freeee pigeons:

I bet, the pigeons' mind were chaos like, "what the hell these people shouting about? are you sure we are OK now dude?"
You must see the anxious faces of the pigeons :))

all done, what the guests do? Food time! the tradition, the guests have to come to the food, choose which ones you like , eat and back home full tummy :)


Foodies time, the girls serve the guests
i choose, simply Rice and soda water, oh wait, you can't find alcohol here, the party is Indonesian, not western :) 85% the beverage are soda and water #grin.
Simply food i want, i could get more and more, but at the moment i am not zombie :D
 Time for dbee_curly the silly journalist took photo with the couple, and damn smart of the photographer. 
Whoops, i asked the photographer Potrait please, but he got me!

Yippie.. Happy Wedding guys, i hope the babies you make won't be too many, Indonesia population is too too too MUCH!


No comments:

Post a Comment